please read INFO BELOW BEFORE APPLYING
CALL FOR VENDORS
Vendors are first come, first considered. Apply as soon as possible for a chance to participate in the festival.
Who we are looking for
Arts and Crafts Vendors
- Food Vendors $150
- Food Truck Vendor 200
- Arts and Craft Vendors $80
- Service Providers $80
- Community Organizations $50
Once an application is submitted, an Afro Festival Official will reach out to you within 3 business days. A link for payment will be sent upon approval of your application. Please note that your spot is not confirmed until payment is received.
- Credit/Debit card payments can be made online: Link will be provided upon application approval
- Cash $GKFolksFoundation
- Please include your business name in the memo of your check.
- Make all checks payable to GK Folks Foundation
- mail to: P.O.BOX 872, West Jordan UT, 84084
You (Vendor) Will Provide:
- Food or non-food items to sell
- Staffing of your booth
- Promotion of event to your customer list/database
- Napkins, plates, serving utensils, serving gloves, etc., if needed
- Your Business Logo
- General Liability Insurance*
- Hand washing station (for food vendors)
- Decor for your booth
- Compliance with Salt lake County Environmental Services Department health codes
** You must provide our organization with a copy of your General Liability Insurance by or before August 6, 2021.
We (Organizer) will Provide:
- One (1) 8’x10′ Area Tent with no wall
- One (1) 6′ table (2)two folding chairs
- Food Vendors: – Four (4) Wristbands for your staff working in your booth
- Non-Food Vendors: Two (2) Wristbands for your staff working in your booth
- Prints of Business Name and Booth # for your tent
- Basic electrical power is available for a fee * Please indicate this in your application
(You must bring an extension cord.) include in the application form if they will need electricity
Booth Information – All you need to know
- Load-in: Detailed instructions regarding load-in will be emailed on July 15th
- Check-in: Upon arrival and prior to set-up, all registered vendors must check-in at the registration area which will be located at the event site. At check-in, you will be assigned your booth space.
All booth assignments are at the discretion of Festival Management and are final.
TAXES, LICENSES AND PERMITS
All you need to know
Vendors must have any and all licenses, certifications, and permits required by Salt Lake City for the operations of their business visibly displayed in the front of their station.
The collection and filing of all related taxes are the sole responsibility of each individual vendor.
Salt Lake City, Utah sales tax rate is 7.75%. It is required that all vendors provide Festival Management with a Utah state Business Tax License Number.
All Food Vendors MUST HAVE A VALID FOOD HANDLER’S PERMIT & SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT (Temporary Food Permit) by filling out the form and submitting the form in person at least 2 weeks before the event date to avoid a late fee to:
Environmental Health Division Sanitation & Safety Bureau
788 East Woodoak Lane (5380 South)
Murray, UT 84107
Visit https://www.slc.gov/eventpermits/ for more information
firstname.lastname@example.org | 801-535-6121
- All foods must be prepared in an approved commercial kitchen or a commissary, nothing can be prepared at home.
- Fill out the state tax commission forms on the day of the Event.
- At least ONE person must have a food handler card at ALL TIMES during the event.
- All people working in the booth must read and be familiar with our Quick Reference Pamphlet for Food Booths.
- No food for the public may be prepared or stored in a private residence.
- All food and beverages (including ice) must come from an approved source.
- Heating and cooling equipment and methods must be approved by the Utah Health Department.
- All food vendors serving and sampling food must have the proper thermometer, permitting and hand washing stations, per the health department. If you do not have the correct set up, you will be fined by the health inspector and may not be allowed to participate.
- Afro Utah Festival holds no responsibility for the compliance or permitting of vendors. No refunds or exchanges will be given to vendors. If you are closed for non-compliance.
- No refunds given 3 weeks prior to the event. Please fill out the form and send payments to secure your spot.
- All cooking liquids and oils that are brought in by a vendor, must also be brought out by the vendor. There is no cooking liquid or oil trash receptacles on the festival grounds. Any vendor caught disposing of cooking liquids or oils on site, will be fined $500 from Afro Utah festival and will not be asked back to participate next year.
IMPORTANT READ: Before applying for a Special event permit, please determine:
- At least one person must have a food handler card or food safety manager certification.
- Complete menu, including beverages.
- Booth structure.
- Equipment you will need.
- How and where you will wash hands.
- How you will maintain hot and cold product temperatures.
- How you will transport and store all foods.
- Where and how you will clean equipment.
The festival does not provide lighting or any cooking oil, trash, receptacles, mops, brooms or additional cleaning equipment. The festival does not provide water; however, the Gallivan center does have potable water onsite. The festival cannot assist in heating of water, so please plan ahead if you need water. The festival will provide a holding tank for greywater disposal.
Various elements of the festival will be photographed or videotaped. Your agreement to participate in the festival will serve as acknowledgment of consent for you, your volunteers and staff photographs/videos to be used for promotional or news media purposes at the discretion of Afro Utah Festival.
Staff wristbands will be given during vendor check-in. 4 maximum wristbands, per food booth, maximum 2 wristbands for non-food vendors will be given to each vendor.
Vendors and their staff must wear wristbands at all times. Please make sure you do not lose your wristbands.
There are no refunds for vendor cancellations at least 3 week before the event. If the festival is cancelled by the organizer due to unforeseen circumstances, vendors will be eligible for a refund.
In the event of cancellation due to severe weather, or COVID-19 credits or refunds will not be granted.
FESTIVAL TRASH BINS
Waste materials shall not contain any hazardous materials, wastes or substances; toxic substances, wastes or pollutants; contaminants; pollutants; infectious wastes; medical wastes; or radioactive wastes (collectively, “Excluded Waste”), each as defined by applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations (collectively, “Applicable Laws”). DO NOT discard: drums, paint, solvents, chemicals or other such materials which would be considered flammable or explosive or other materials not permitted to be disposed of at the designated disposal facility..
Terms & Policies
– All vendors will conduct their business in a professional manner. Behavior by vendors judged to be disruptive or detrimental to the peaceful operation of the festival shall not be allowed.
– Any unsafe or unsanitary conditions should be brought to the immediate attention of the festival manager or vendor coordinator.
– Salt Lake City and Afro Festival are not responsible for damage or loss or any personal or business belongings. Including money or product.